Your Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS provide confidential advice, information and support for patients, relatives and carers. PALS are available to assist with concerns and liaise with staff on your behalf, ensuring you receive a timely and appropriate response.
The PALS team will:
- Actively listen and respond to concerns, suggestions or queries to help make your experience as easy as possible
- Provide information on NHS services
- Support you through an anxious time as a patient, relative, friend or visitor
- Feedback your views to the Chief Executive and Trust Board
- Offer advice on the complaints service and provide information on how to seek independent advice if you wish to make a complaint
You can contact the PALS team by telephone between 10am and 4pm on:
01444 441881 extension 5909 (for issues at our Haywards Heath site)
01273 696955 extension 4029 or 4588 (for issues at our Brighton site)
Or by email at email@example.com for either site.
BSUH Safety Ombudsman
Our Safety Ombudsman provides an independent, impartial and confidential service to our staff, our patients and their carers. They may act as mediator, bringing parties together, supporting inquirers when they may fear retaliation and influencing systems and culture change to provide an honest, open, no-blame culture within the service. Our Safety Ombudsman has the authority to cut across organisational boundaries of profession, structure and bureaucracy whenever and where ever this gets in the way of safety. This is a completely confidential service with those raising concerns protected by the BSUH Whistleblowing policy.
You can contact our Safety Ombudsman, Delilah Hesling at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01273 696955 extn. 7669.