Contemporary Departmental Published Papers
- Meisenberg C, Gilbert DC, Chalmers A, Haley V, Gollins S, Ward SE, El-Khamisy SF. Clinical and cellular roles for TDP1 and TOP1 in modulating colorectal cancer response to irinotecan. 2014. Mol Cancer Ther. Dec 18.
- Baricevic I, He X, Chakrabarty B, Oliver AW, Bailey C, Summers J, Hampson L, Hampson I, Gilbert DC, Renehan AR. High-sensitivity human papilloma virus genotyping reveals near universal positivity in anal squamous cell carcinoma: Different implications for vaccine prevention and prognosis. European Journal of Cancer. Published online: February 20, 2015
- Muirhead R, Adams RA, Gilbert DC, Glynne-Jones R, Harrison M, Sebag-Montefiore D, Hawkins MA. Anal cancer: developing an intensity-modulated radiotherapy solution for ACT2 fractionation. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2014 Nov;26(11):720-1
- Teagle A, Gilbert DC. Remote follow-up strategies after cancer treatment: a lot of opportunities. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2014 Oct;26(10):622-4.
- Gilbert DC, Williams A, Allan K, Sokoe J, Jackson T, Linsdall S, Bailey C, Summers J. p16 INK4A predicts outcome following chemo-radiotherapy for squamous cell cancers of the anus with no evidence of KRAS mutations in relapsing cases. 2013 Radiotherapy and Oncology. Oct;109(1):146-51
- O’Leary, B and Gilbert DC. Mismatch Repair as a prognostic marker for adjuvant therapy in colorectal cancer, how soon is now? (editorial). 2013. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). Nov;25(11):625-9
- Phillips I, Langley R, Gilbert D, Ring A. Aspirin as a Treatment for Cancer (editorial). 2013. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol), Vol. 25, Issue 6, Pages 333-335
- Gilbert DC and Glynne-Jones R. IMRT in Anal Cancer; where do we go from here? (editorial). 2012. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol), Aug 23.
- Bhusal CL, Manandhar S, Singh M, Shah A, Neupane S, Karmacharya D, Cuschieri K, Cubie H, Gilbert DC and Dixit SM. 2012 Evidence of HPV subtypes linked with Cervical Cancer in Nepal. WHO SEA Journal of Public Health 2012;1(4):441-445
- El-Khamisy S, Gilbert DC, Alagoz M, Chalmers AJ. DNA repair and resistance to topoisomerase I inhibitors: mechanisms, biomarkers and therapeutic targets (2012). Current Medicinal Chemistry 2012 Aug 1;19(23):3874-85.
- Gilbert DC, Simcock R, Schache A, Shaw R. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor and the Changing Face of Oropharyngeal Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Feb 13.
- Gilbert DC, Chalmers AJ, El-Khamisy S. Topoisomerase I inhibition in colorectal cancer – biomarkers and therapeutic targets. (2011) British Journal of Cancer, 2011 Nov 22
- Schache AG, Simcock R, Gilbert DC, Shaw RJ. Changing face of HPV related cancer in the UK. BMJ. 2011 Oct 18;343:d6675
- Gilbert DC. Chandler I, McIntyre A, Summersgill B, Missaglia E, Goddard NC, Huddart RA, Shipley J. Genomic gain and over expression of CCL2 correlates with vascular invasion in stage I non-seminomatous testicular germ cell tumors. International Journal of Andrology. 2011. Aug;34(4 Pt 2):
- Heath S, Willis V, Allan K, Purdie K, Harwood K, Shields P, Simcock R, Williams T, Gilbert DC. Clinically significant HPV in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in UK practice. (2011). Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol), 2011 Jul 12.
- Gilbert, D., Rapley, E. & Shipley, J. (2011). Testicular germ cell tumours: predisposition genes and the male germ cell niche. Nat Rev Cancer. Apr;11(4):278-88. Epub 2011 Mar 17.
- Gilbert, D.C., McIntyre, A., Summersgill, B., Missiaglia, E., Goddard, N.C., Chandler, I., Huddart, R.A. & Shipley, J. (2011) Minimum regions of genomic imbalance in stage I testicular embryonal carcinoma and association of 22q loss with relapse. Genes Chromosomes Cancer, 50, 186-95.
- Mansour D, Simcock, R. & Gilbert, D.C. (2011) Acute oncology service: assessing the need and its implications. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol), 23, 168-73.
- Okera, M., Chan, S., Dernede, U., Larkin, J., Popat, S., Gilbert, D., Jones, L., Osuji, N., Sykes, H., Oakley, C., Pickering, L., Lofts, F. & Chowdhury, S. (2010) A prospective study of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia in the South West London Cancer Network. Interpretation of study results in light of NCAG/NCEPOD findings. Br J Cancer, 104, 407-12.
- Gilbert DC, van As NJ, Huddart RA. Reducing Treatment Toxicity in the management of good prognosis germ cell tumour. Expert Reviews in Anticancer Therapeutics 2009 Feb: 9(2), 223-233.
- Gilbert DC, Chandler I, McIntyre A, Goddard NC, Gabe R, Huddart RA, Shipley J. Clinical and biological significance of CXCL12 and CXCR4 expression in adult testes and germ cell tumours of adults and adolescents. Journal of Pathology. 2009 Jan;217(1):94-102.
- Gilbert DC, van As NJ, Money-Kyrle J, Bloomfield D, Beesley S, Dearnaley DP, Horwich A and Huddart RA. Treating IIAB Seminoma with Carboplatin and Radiotherapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology, March 16th 2009.
- Randomised pilot study of dose escalation using conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: long-term follow-up.
Creak A, Hall E, Horwich A, Eeles R, Khoo V, Huddart R, Parker C, Griffin C, Bidmead M, Warrington J, Dearnaley D. Br J Cancer. 2013 Aug 6;109(3):651-7
- DNA fusion-gene vaccination in patients with prostate cancer induces high-frequency CD8(+) T-cell responses and increases PSA doubling time. Chudley L, McCann K, Mander A, Tjelle T, Campos-Perez J, Godeseth R, Creak A, Dobbyn J, Johnson B, Bass P, Heath C, Kerr P, Mathiesen I, Dearnaley D, Stevenson F, Ottensmeier C.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012 Nov;61(11):2161-70
- Radiotherapy planning in high grade Gliomas: A survey of current UK practice.
Creak AL, Tree A, Saran F. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 Apr;23(3):189-98.
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in the management of recurrent or residual medulloblastoma/PNET.
F Saran, B G Baumert, A L Creak, A P Warrington, S Ashley, D Traish, M Brada.
Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007 Oct 16;
- Treatment of recurrent Head and Neck cancer: - Reirradiation or chemotherapy?
A L Creak, K Harrington, C Nutting.
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2005 May;17(3):138-47.
- “Managing Hereditary Gynaecological cancer” Charlotte Moss, Emma Crosbie, Ana Montes
Chapter 28 Genetics for Health Professionals in Cancer care, First edition 2013, OUP
Editor: Chris Jacobs
- “RNA Interference and Dominant Negative approaches”, Charlotte Moss and Nick Lemoine.
Chapter 15 Viral Therapy of Cancer, First Edition 2008
Editors: K Harrington, H Pandha, R.Vile.
- “RNA Interference” Charlotte Moss and Nick Lemoine.
Chapter 96 The Cancer Handbook, Second Edition 2007. Edited by Malcolm R. Alison.
- AP-2 gamma promotes proliferation in breast tumour cells by direct repression of the CDKN1A gene.” Williams CM, Scibetta AG, Friedrich JK, Canosa M, Berlato C, Moss CH, Hurst HC.
- EMBO Journal. 2009 Nov 18;28(22):3591-601. “A Phase II feasibility study of Carboplatin followed by sequential weekly paclitaxel and gemcitabine as first-line treatment for ovarian cancer.”
- Harries M, Moss C, Perren T, Gore M, Hall G, Everard M, A’hern R, Gibbens I, Jenkins A, Shah R, Cole C, Pizzada O, Kaye S.
- British Journal of Cancer. 2004 Aug 16;91(4):627-32
- “Phase II trial of capecitabine and gemcitabine chemotherapy in patients with metastatic renal cell cancer”
- Waters JS, Moss C, Pyle L, James M, Hackett S, A’hern R, Gore M, Eisen T.
- British Journal of Cancer. 2004 Nov 15;92(10): 1763-8
- Moss C, Kaye SB. European Journal of Cancer 2002 Sep;38(13): 1701 “Ovarian Cancer: Progress and continuing controversies in management.”
- N J van As, D C Gilbert, J Money-Kyrle, D Bloomfield, S Beesley, D P Dearnaley, A Horwich and R A Huddart: Evidence-based pragmatic guidelines for the follow-up of testicular cancer: optimising the detection of relapse. British Journal of Cancer (2008) 98, 1894–1902.
- A. Ring,*, R. Simcock, S. Mitra, D. Bloomfield, J. King, S. Simpson, G.Sadler and A. Webb: Infusion of trastuzumab maintenance doses over 30 minutes Ann Oncol (2008) 19 (8): 1509-1510.
- Grace Gellaitry, Keri Peters, David Bloomfield, Rob Horne: Narrowing the gap: the effects of an expressive writing intervention on perceptions of actual and ideal emotional support in women who have completed treatment for early stage breast cancer. Psycho-Oncology Feb 2009
- D.C.Gilbert, N.J.Van As, S.Beesley, D.Bloomfield, J.Money-Kyrle, A.Norman, D.Dearnaley, A.Horwich, R.A.Huddart: Treating IIA/B Seminoma With Combination Carboplatin and Radiotherapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology Apr 20 2009: 2101-2102.
- P.Ellis, P. Barrett-Lee, L.Johnson, D.Cameron, A.Wardley, S.O’Reilly, M.Verrill, I. Smith, J.Yarnold, R.Coleman, H.Earl, P.Canney, C.Twelves, C.Poole, D.Bloomfield, P.Hopwood, S.Johnston, M.Dowsett, J.M.S.Bartlett, I.Ellis, C.Peckitt, E.Hall, J.M.Bliss for the TACT Trial Management Group and TACT Triallists: Sequential docetaxel as adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer (TACT): an open-label, phase III, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, Volume 373, Issue 9676, Pages 1681-1692 2009.
- H.E. Campbell, D. Epstein, D. Bloomfield, S. Griffin, A. Manca, J. Yarnold, J. Bliss.
- L. Johnson, H. Earl, C. Poole, L. Hiller, J. Dunn, P. Hopwood, P. Barrett-Lee, P. Ellis, D. Cameron, A.L. Harris, A.M. Gray, M.J. Sculpher: The cost-effectiveness of adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer: A comparison of no chemotherapy and first, second, and third generation regimens for patients with differing prognoses European Journal of Cancer: European Journal of Cancer 47:18 pp 2517-2530, November 2011.
- David Dearnaley, Isabel Syndikus, Georges Sumo, Margaret Bidmead, David Bloomfield, Catherine Clark, Annie Gao, Shama Hassan, Alan Horwich, Robert Huddart, Vincent Khoo, Peter Kirkbride, Helen Mayles, Phillip Mayles, Olivia Naismith, Chris Parker, Helen Patterson, Martin Russell, Christopher Scrase, Chris South, John Staffurth, Emma Hall. Conventional versus hypofractionated high-dose intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: preliminary safety results from the CHHiP randomized controlled trial: The Lancet Oncology, volume 13, Issue 1, pp43-54 January 2012.